It is world Kwame Nkrumah’s day.
Today is celebratory for Ghanaians and many others across the world. The impact and influence he continually has on people cannot be left unmentioned whenever his cards are on the table.
Kwame Nkrumah did not only achieve independence for Ghana, he was a political theorist, a revolutionist and a true statesman.
He formed the United Goldcoast Convention People’s Party, married Fathia, had three children and died in Romania in 1972.
21st September is a public day in Ghana, the day has been set aside to specially celebrate him and all that he achieved for Ghana.
If Nkrumah was alive, he would be 111 today and would have loved these 5 female vocalists to sing him a warming happy birthday, even if he couldn’t get up to dance to it.
1. Becca- Becca has been championing the African Woman agenda for as long as our memories would serve us. She is dynamic, has the kind of voice that anyone would love to wake up to on their birthday. As a winner of best female vocalist in the 2010 VGMA, there is no doubt Becca would have done justice to this one.
2. Gyakie– the fresh graduant has earned her seat in the hearts of Ghanaians when it comes to her vocals and lyrics. She may not have worn any award yet but her song Forever gives her away— she has proved herself worthy of singing for Nkrumah
3. Sista Afia– the jeje hit maker has her style. What is unique about her is the fact that she can go rough, smooth and mix all of it as well. Watch the video below and tell us you think otherwise.
4. Mzvee- The ewe queen won VGMA best female vocalist in 2016 and her collaborated song Vanity with Kelvyn Boy is a song which can potentially warm Nkrumah’s heart.
5. Efya– there would be no list in the first place if Efya Awindor was not part of the list. She won best female vocalist for four consecutive times. She is the one person who performs and the performance lingers on for days.
Written by Ms Pyper